Monday, August 12, 2013

#1 {the blessing of friendship}

Last week I had the privilege of attending the Assemblies of God General Council. A gathering of more than a few thousand pastors around the country that come together every other summer. It was also the same time as National Fine Arts. I went with my family and a few students from Crosswalk (that was interesting). You gotta be called by God to travel with our family... because He's gotta give you a special kind of grace! Besides the crazy driving, non-stop bickering between my middle school brothers, and moving a hundred miles an hour every hour of the day, it was a blast. And it gave me a reason to be thankful for the blessing of friendship. Here is something I journaled while I was in the sunshine state.

I am laying in a king-sized, Embassy Suites bed beside one of my very best friends, Katelyn Grant. We have spent the last few hours talking about lessons we've learned from our pasts, a long for our present to be a time when we are completely devoted to God, and the excitement of our much-anticipated futures. Our hearts are raw and our friendship is so good.  Even if we didn't catch that boy's eye today and even if we sometimes fear what lies ahead...

"You know something? We are rich. We have [twenty] years to our credit, and we both have wonderful imaginations. We should be as happy as queens." - Anne of Green Gables

                                                                

Kate has been a close friend of mine for ten years now.  She is a gift from God because we have been able to share our experiences during our adolescent and young adult years and we have been constant encouragements to each other during the most trying of times. I am so blessed for the gift of our amazing friendship.

Love, 
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment