Friday, September 13, 2013

At this moment.

At this moment I'm lying in my twin-sized bed waiting to fall asleep. I have to be up at 6am tomorrow for the Beth Moore Simulcast hosted at Crosswalk Community Church. But, I made the mistake of taking a nap today and indulging in a cappuccino tonight - now I'm wondering if I'll ever fall asleep.

 I'm listening to Brianna breath heavily because she's long asleep. It's rare we don't fall asleep at the same time after a long chat. Actually, it's rare we don't do anything at the same time. I'm relishing in the silence of our house because it's never this quiet. However, I can still hear my momma's footsteps, because she never goes to bed. Or so it seems.

At this moment I'm feeling pensive and thankful. Pensive because I'm thinking about today and thankful because I'm thinking about tomorrow. Today was a long day that was entirely devoted to assisting my mom in getting ready for tomorrow's big event. We've went all around town, picking up coffee orders and square readers. But despite today's stress and pressure, I'm thankful.  I will get to see the fruit of these endeavors when I greet multi-generational women tomorrow and together, engage in the realm of God. Im also thankful because I know that this is only the beginning for Crosswalk Women.  I know that tomorrow is only the preamble of what The Lord has in store. I'm also thankful that we did get everything we needed for the cafe tomorrow because I'm really looking forward to a morning latte.

Now, I'm capturing this moment in this room because I can probably count how many more nights that I have left sleeping in it. But that's for another post ;). Told ya I was pensive tonight! 

What are you doing at this moment? What are you pensive about and thankful for?

-Whit

*note: I typed this on my mobile device so please excuse any auto-corrects, or other mess-ups. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You are so great with capturing moments! I love the pensive you and when you document it. :)

    ReplyDelete