Saturday, October 5, 2013

You Don't Have to BE to DO.

So, I haven't written in a while. Partly because I'm a college student and so free time is simply nonexistent. And partly because I don't have anything to say these days. But also, to be truthfully authentic, I've doubted my writing - my ability to effectively communicate and produce something worth reading.

But today, I decided to write anyway. No, I do not have the time. No, I do not really have much to say. And yes, you can expect comma displacements,  misused words, and probably run-on sentences. But today, I am deciding to write anyway.

I read this blog sometimes and yesterday, it was just what I needed to read.
 "you don't need to be a "writer" to come to these retreats. You just need to want to write, have a story to tell,  and have a will to write it..." 


You see, sometimes you just have to do things... even if everything in you is telling you reasons why you can't or shouldn't. Because if you decide not to do it, you'll miss the opportunity to discover that you actually can.   Friend, you do not have to be an eloquent writer, or english-major, to write. You don't have to be a singer to sing. You don't have to be a dancer to dance. You don't have to be a missionary to go. And devil, I don't have to be an artist to create. 

So, I invite you with me on this journey of writing. It may be a bit pitchy at times and I may just miss a step here and there, but I promise you will find inspirational discoveries, entertaining stories (of course, told from my end), and the heart of a girl that purely wants to please her Lord. And that, my friends, will be an interesting trip. 

Also, if you're looking for more inspiration, please check-out my friend, Charlyn's blog. She is one of those daughter's of the King that will have an extra huge mansion in heaven because that's how much joy she brings to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment