Monday, April 9, 2012

In Shape April: Getting the Rear into Gear!

Hello again, blog friends.
It has been a while, hasn’t it? I am really trying to be more consistent with my postings. Yes, I realize that my last post was in 2011. Woops.
Well friends, at the finish of March I decided that I was going to try something new this April. I wanted to do something devoted, purposeful, and courageous. So, I decided that this April… I would get into shape. Big deal, right? I even made a slogan, get that rear into gear!
But the other day as I was praying about the typical things that I usually pray about, for example, my husband, my future, my grades, etc. The Lord spoke to me that He has more for me this month than a defined rib cage, if I was up for the challenge. Well, I’m always up for the challenge.
This April, God is challenging me to love Him with ever fiber in my being. And, He brought this verse to my memory to insinuate just how He wants me to do it.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” Mark 12:30
Heart This April, I want to get my heart in beat with the One who created me. I pray for healing. I pray for compassion. I pray to yearn for His presence, for His power, for His peace, and for His plan. May my heart and eyes be open to serve Him, the One and only. May He look into my heart and see beauty. I want to love the Lord my God with all of my heart.
Soul I want my soul to be overjoyed with the Spirit this April. I want to encounter Him in a deeper way, every day. I believe that this soul was made for relationship with Him. And, I truly want to see other souls surrender to the King. I desire to see his love win the battle in countless souls this month. I want to love the Lord my God with all my soul.
Mind I want to sharpen my mind this April. I do not merely want to get through my assignments like a checklist, but I want to learn, discover, and see. I want my mind to be broadened. I will work hard this April. I want to love the Lord my God with all my mind.
Strength This April I want to get into shape. Not for apprehensive reasons, but because I truly believe that dedication, self-control, and determination are qualities that will pay off and more importantly, develop my character. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I can get this rear into gear. And, I can do it in thirty days. I want to love the Lord my God with all of my strength.
This is a month of passion. This is a month of devotion. This is a month of love.
Love,
White

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how this is going for you Whit-Whit. I know God is going to move as you seek Him!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete